4.03.2011

The Beatles - A hard day's night

I chose this music 'cause there is a "log" in the lyric (and because most of the people like beatles)

A Hard Day's Night - The Beatles



It's been a hard day's night

And I've been workin' like a dog.

It's been a hard day's night.

I should be sleepin' like a log,



But when I get home to you,

I find the things that you do

Will make me feel alright.



You know I work all day

To get you money to buy you things

And it's worth it just to hear you say,
You're gonna give me everything.



So why on earth should I moan?

'Cause when I get you alone,

You know I feel okay.



When I'm home,

Everything seems to be right.

When I'm home,
Feeling you holding me tight.
Tight, yeah.



It's been a hard day's night

And I've been workin' like a dog.

It's been a hard day's night.
I should be sleepin' like a log,



But when I get home to you,

I find the things that you do

Make me feel alright.

So why on earth should I moan?
'Cause when I get you alone,
You know I feel okay.



When I'm home,

Everything seems to be right.

When I'm home,
Feeling you holding me tight.
Tight, yeah.



It's been a hard day's night

And I've been workin' like a dog.

It's been a hard day's night.
I should be sleepin' like a log,



But when I get home to you,

I find the things that you do

Make me feel alright.
You know I feel alright.
You know I feel alright.

Vocabulary:

  • 'cause - é uma contração de "because", que significa "porque" com sentido somente de resposta(porque de pergunta é why)
  • lyric - letra de musica
  • It's been - está sendo
  • hard day's night - "hard day" significa dia duro, night significa que foi na noite de um dia duro(o apostrofo s ['s] indica que o night "pertence" ao hard day)
  • 've - é a contração de have, que significa ter
  • in' - é a contração do ing, no caso seria working(trabalhando) e mais abaixo vocês verão o que seria sleeping(dormindo)
  • like - como (indica comparação)
  • log - diferentemente do significado do blog, log ai significa "tora de madeira", e não "diario de bordo"
  • get - get geralmente significa "pegar", porem get home significa "chegar em casa"
  • find - achar
  • things - coisas
  • feel - sentir
  • alright - é a junção de "all" que significa tudo, e "right" que significa "direito/certo/bem", portanto alright significa "tudo bem"; "feel alright" significa "sentir-se bem/otimo"
  • know - saber
  • buy - comprar
  • worth - valer a pena
  • hear - escutar/ouvir
  • give - dar
  • everything - everything é a junção das palavras "every" e "thing", que significam respectivamente "todas" e "coisa", logo, everything significa "tudo"
  • earth - terra
  • moan - lamentar
  • alone - sozinho
  • seems - parece(conjugado na terceira pessoa, na primeira é seem)
  • holding - segurando
  • tight - apertado/firme

No comments:

Post a Comment