4.04.2011

Water for Elephants

Right, I discover this yesterday, and I didn't believe!

Who knows me, knows that I love the book "Water for Elephants" and I say ever than possible that this is the best book ever!

Well, yesterday I discover that there is a movie!!!

Here is the trailer:


And how there are some people from the site "skoob" reading it, I will do a brief description of the book:

The book tells the history of a man that gave up of the college and, maybe by fate, started to work in a circus...
In the circus, he should take care of the animals, and the owner of the circus bought an elephant useless, that was very stupid.
Between other things, he needs to teach this elephant, and fall in love for a stripper.

I don't want to talk more about it to don't spoil the book, but I will only say that I loved this book because he shows the dark side of the circus.

It is a great book to read!!!



Well, see you =)

Vocabulary:

  • discover - descobrir
  • yesterday - ontem
  • believe - acreditar
  • knows - conhecer/saber
  • ever - sempre/de todos os tempos(na parte de best book ever)
  • brief - breve
  • tells -contar(na 3ª pessoa, na 1ª é tell)
  • gave up - uma expressão que significa "desistiu", "desistir" é give up
  • college - faculdade, colegio se diz high school
  • fate - destino, fato se diz fact
  • take care - cuidar
  • owner - dono
  • bought - comprou(comprar no presente é buy)
  • useless - use é ustil, less é menos, logo, useless é sem utilidade, ou seja, inútil. Geralmente quando uma palavra termina com less da o sentido da falta da coisa
  • Between - entre
  • fall in love - a tradução literal seria cair no amor, mas no bom português significa apaixonar se
  • want to - querer
  • spoil - revelar/estragar(dai vem a palavra spoiler)
  • side - lado

2 comments:

  1. TO louca pra ver esse filme!!! O livro já está na estante!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. é, esse post foi só pq vc me disse do filme x), mas eu recomendo ler o livro antes, é muito bom =D

    ReplyDelete