5.18.2011

Pink Floyd - Money

And now, other great hit:

Pink Floyd - Money



Money, get away.
Get a good job with more pay and you're okay.
Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team.

Money, get back.
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, it's a hit.
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit.
I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set
And I think I need a Lear jet.

Money, it's a crime.
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away.


Vocabulary:
  • hit - pode significar "soco", mas na frase e na música significa "sucesso"
  • get - esta palavra tem muitos significados, geralmente significa "pegar", mas na frase tem o sentido de "ficar"
  • away - longe
  • job - trabalho
  • pay - pagar
  • Grab - agarrar
  • cash - dinheiro
  • both - ambas
  • hands - mãos
  • stash - esconderijo, montinho, poupança...escolha
  • team - time
  • back - volta
  • keep - mantenha
  • off - fora
  • stack - monte
  • give - dar
  • goody - senhora, mas mais no sentido de velhota
  • bullshit - merda
  • high - fidelity first class travelling set - assentos de primeira classe da alta fidelidade
  • Lear jet - jatinho
  • Share - compartilhar
  • fairly - justamente
  • take - pegue
  • slice - pedaço
  • pie - torta
  • root - raiz
  • evil - mal
  • raise - aumento

No comments:

Post a Comment